Monday, November 9, 2009

A new beginning...

Just returned from forty-eight hours with thirty unbelievable writers at the SCBWI Western Washington's "Weekend on the Water" retreat. Reconnecting with wonderful colleagues (and meeting some lovely new people) was equally as inspiring as learning from two bright and very hard-working editors, Cheryl Klein and Ruta Rimas.

There were moments over the weekend where I felt envy, despair, frustration, defeat and an embarassing amount of cynicism. But there were more laughs, smiles, and "aha's." Best of all, as I continue to sort through my notes and memories (and catch up on sleep), I feel more and more enriched by the experience.

I am now back at my writer "nest" recommitted to my craft in so many ways. One decision I have made is to post more faithfully. Another: To finish revising my current ms by January 1, 2010. So, away we go...

1 comment:

Dawn Simon said...

It was an AMAZING weekend, wasn't it?!

Good luck with that revision! Go, Stasia, go! :)