Friday, May 7, 2010

Next week is Children's Book Week!

Just finished writing the reading guide for a cool new middle grade series with some fun regional history elements.  Perfect timing too, as I'm getting ready to chaperone a third grade field trip to a history museum today.  Got my peanut butter sandwich packed already.  I love spending the day with gradeschoolers on a special trip, listening to their lunch table conversations and the hilarious observations that are sometimes very different than the responses for which teachers had been hoping from a given exhibit.  These moments are gifts to writers of children's books.  Before I head out the door, I did want to remind you that next week is the Children's Book Council's annual Children's Book Week.  Check out their website for all kinds of interesting events and, especially, the announcement of the Children's Choice book awards.  Have a great weekend.

www.bookweekonline.com/

No comments: