Monday, July 19, 2010

Back-to-Business Monday: BACK TO MY DESK...HOW ABOUT YOU?

Whew!  It feels good to be getting back to business at my desk after a month of travels on the east coast.  My Book Extravaganza contest is over now, too, and tomorrow evening will be the ceremonial drawing-of-the-winner!  Sorting through myriad emails, opening packages of manuscripts and arcs, and generally trying to organize chaos, I am reminded of two quotations from American writer, editor and humorist Peter De Vries (1910-1993):

"I love being a writer.  What I can't stand is the paperwork."

"I write when I'm inspired, and I see to it that I'm inspired at nine o'clock every morning."

With these rueful words of wisdom in mind, I am working hard to get back into my routines.  Obviously I'm not quite there yet as I'm writing my Monday blog post as the sun is heading DOWN in the sky (thanks for your patience)! 

Do you have any favorite "writing life" quotes that give you a laugh or a groan when you try to get back to writing after being on the road--or maybe ones that help you get your word count in despite the sunny summer day luring you out the door?  Please share!

No comments: