Friday, September 10, 2010

Fiction Friday: ADIOS, NIRVANA and Chicken Nuggets

Drawing my Random Acts of Publicity Week to a close, check out this great write-up of my critique group buddy Conrad Wesselhoeft's October debut novel ADIOS, NIRVANA.  Conrad is an absolutely wonderful writer.  He crafts every sentence, every paragraph, with such power and care.  It is a joy to hear him read during our critique group meetings.  I learn something every time.  Do make sure to add his terrific book to your to-read list.


I've got a September 20 deadline from my editor right now so I'm plugging through some line edits and trying to tighten up a few things in the ms.  Honestly, the pressure is starting to get to me, thus my children ate chicken nuggets tonight and it's Rice Krispies for breakfast. Wishing you a tastier weekend than we'll have at my house!

3 comments:

Sylvie said...

I'm sure they loved it. As kids, one of the best things about summers in Vermont was that we got to eat such delicacies as spaghetti sauce from a jar!

storyqueen said...

Two words: Crock Pot.

(Actually, I think it's one word...but whatever.)

Good luck on your deadline!

Shelley

Stasia said...

Thanks, Sylvie & Shelley! Gotta laugh about the crock pot comment -- there's a pot roast in my crock pot as I write this :) Stasia