Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wordy Wednesday: GIFT GUILT

First...Don't forget to enter to win your FAVORITE YA NOVEL OF 2010 (you choose) plus a century-old classic.

Next...Guess what I got for Christmas?
On the one hand, there's the whole e-book controversy and the question of how virtual books will affect publishers' and authors' bottom lines.  And, from a romantic perspective, I do love the feel of crisp, dry pages, the smell of ink on paper, and the beauty of a great book cover.  So, I am a bit conflicted about my new techno-gadget.

On the other hand, I do a lot of writing in a tiny town high up in the mountains where there is neither bookstore nor library but lots of quiet evenings reading by the fire.  And these days, packing books in your airline luggage can be a costly and cumbersome proposition.  So I'm thinking I'll read many more books with this new device.

First on the list?  So buying FALL FOR ANYTHING by Courtney Summers (truth--already finished it--awesome--review coming soon), A LITTLE WANTING SONG by Cath Crowley, THE MOCKINGBIRDS by Daisy Whitney, PLEASE IGNORE VERA DIETZ by A. S. King, and MATCHED by Allie Condie.  That's day one!  Thinking this Kindle thing may put me in the poor house!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You'll have to let us know how you like it...I've had the exact same feelings of hesitation towards E-readers! BUT, from what I've heard, they are addictive and you will end up loving it! (I haven't given it yet, but I feel it's close!)