Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wordy Wednesday: WHEN...TO HOLD BLOG CONTESTS

Feelin' festive and don't want to stop the giving, so I'm thinking of having a contest here at the blog.  The only question is whether that between-Christmas-and-New-Years is really a good time to hold a contest.  Will anyone be reading blogs?  Or will the blogosphere be too quiet for a really fun contest?  Personally, I do tend to meander round the interwebs when I'm on vacation but maybe most people have more self control and are actually able to unplug.

Have you found a particularly good time of year to hold contests or other blog events?  Any words of advice as I gear up for what I hope will be a winter full of fun contests?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes that's a good question. I think there will be some people still blogging, but others will be taking a blogging break. I guess it's a case of testing the waters, then you'll know for next time. HAPPY CHRISTMAS :O)

Molly/Cece said...

I would wait until the New Year, but if you have some down time get it all set up during the break. :) Molly

Stasia said...

Thanks for the feedback, Molly and Madeleine. Much appreciated and Happy Holidays to you, too!

Hilary said...

I would probably wait until the New Year too, I think that this next week will be crazy. But Hey, I'll be around. ;) I will definitely be entering HAHA!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!

Stasia said...

Thanks, Hilary. I've decided to hold the contest all the same and just end it during first week of January. So, we'll see how it goes and thanks for stopping by during this nutty week!