Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Winner & BEA Best-of!

First, the winner of a signed copy of DRAMARAMA by E. Lockhart is JESSICA LOVE.

 
Next, better late than never and with apologies for my (typical) lack of picture-taking, here are a few "Guiness Book" experiences from BEA 2011:

1. Heaviest Arc - WHY WE BROKE UP by Daniel Handler (aka that Lemony dude) & Maira Kalman (aka awesome artist chic).  Boy that paper is fancy or maybe it's DH's signature that makes it so weighty! Look out for a giveaway of this one, soon!

2. Best Invented Word - "Kick-assery" with credit to Teen Author Carnival panelist/Angelfire author Courtney Allison Moulton.

3. Ultimate Swag Bags - a two-way tie:


Cutest-adopted by
Batman as a bunny
accessory

Most colorful

 
 4. Fangirliest (perhaps inventing my own word here) Moment - meeting romance author Anna DeStefano whose lecture on revision at the Surrey International Writers Conference (CA) a few years back was A HUGE HELP to me as I was writing/revising Audition.  You seriously would not believe how much (or how long) I gushed.  BTW, she was super-nice!

5. Yummiest Fun - Dinner with fellow Bookanistas Michelle Hodkin, Matt Blackstone, Kirsten Hubbard, Shana Silver and Gretchen McNeil.  (Sadly, they are ALL younger than me. Sighs.)


5 comments:

Courtney Allison Moulton said...

This post is full of so much kickassery I can't even handle it! <33

Jessica Love said...

YAY! Thank you!

Alba said...

lol! I love this post!

Anna Destefano said...

It was great to see you again, too! Thanks for reminding me how we met and hanging out to chat. What an amazing day... And you were a hightlight, too ;o)

Stasia said...

Congrats, Jessica!
Thanks for swinging by, Alba.
And way jazzed by your comments, Courtney & Anna--what an incredible BEA!