Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wordy Wednesday: Awesome Writer People

Some days on the road to publication are tougher than others. Though at first it seems like getting an agent and selling a book means you've beaten the odds, it turns out you've just upped the ante--found odds with higher stakes and steeper falls. If you're a compulsive rule-follower like me, you discover that there's a HUGE amount of work involved in trying to give your book the best possible launch into the world.  And your family and friends, who love you and are so proud of you, find it hard to believe you can be such a wreck just months before the publication of YOUR N.O.V.E.L.

It can feel very lonely. But there are people who understand.  This week, especially, these writer-people HEARD me.


 
Jessi Kirby, whose kind note and
perfect little gift made me smile!
   
Carrie Harris, my clone sister,
who totally gets it!



Conrad Wesselhoeft, who handed out my bookmarks
at HIS author appearance!










(If you want to about great books at lovely blogs,visit Carrie's and Jessi's and Conrad's)

They didn't say, "oh, your book will do great" or "it's all gonna be fine." Nope.  They said, "I get it" and "How can I help" and, most of all, "KEEP WRITING."  Because, in the end, the truth for me is that I write because I would rather be writing than doing most anything else.

And I have to remember that part when things get too scary.

3 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

I couldn't be prouder to be your clone sister, chica. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were having a rough time. Glad you found some folks to help you make it through. I TOTALLY get it - feel free to poke me next time you're feeling overwhelmed.

Jessi said...

Stasia, thank you! I'm with Carrie--totally proud to be one of your peeps. :)