Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bookanistas: ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS...

First, a quick request to published authors to take a moment to complete my Book Signing Survey for a future Back-to-Business post.

Now, on to the festivities...What am I doing putting books on my holiday wish list when I've got an office floor covered in arcs and a tbr list as long as Santa's "good 'n' bad" one?  As far as I'm concerned, there's no better way to spend Christmas night than curled up by the fire with a brand new book -- the old-fashioned paper-over-boards kind (sorry, Kindle) -- and a steaming cup of cocoa.  I asked the Twitterverse for some contemporary YA titles and, after looking through the many great suggestions (some of which were awesome but I'd already read them), I've chosen four that were brought to my attention by multiple tweeps, with rave reviews.  Now I just need to hope that Santa reads my blog!

PAST PERFECT
by Leila Sales

SAVING JUNE
by Hannah Harrington




FIVE FLAVORS OF DUMB
by Anthony John

THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER
by Stephen Chbosky







\





Want some great suggestions for your holiday and/or future wish lists?  Here's what a few other Bookanistas are raving about this week:

Elana Johnson takes a shine to A MILLION SUNS
Jessi Kirby devours BITTERSWEET
Veronica Rossi is in a frenzy over FRACTURE
Katy Upperman ponders THE FUTURE OF US
Shannon Whitney Messenger adores UNDER THE NEVER SKY with preorder giveaway

No comments: