Thursday, February 6, 2014

The wonderful that is SCBWI


It's my pub day and I'll cry if I want to...

Nothing changes just because Amazon starts fulfilling orders. Your book may not be on local store shelves yet. The world doesn't stop spinning on its axis. Pub day can be a blue day--not just a beginning but an ending. The book is out in the world and entirely out of my control. I'm talking more about the journey of a writer and her book over at G READS today.

Luckily, I have a plan. I am going to attend my local Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators chapter meeting. I honestly don't think I'd be a published author now without the guidance and support of SCBWI and many of its wonderful members, who I now count as friends. We start meetings with "good news" so I'll stand with a copy of my book and celebrate with people who know how bittersweet this journey is--who totally get it. Then, we'll have cookies and learn stuff about writing. If you're anywhere along this writing-publishing journey, you will be heartily welcomed by SCBWI. I encourage you to join.

BUT FIRST, cheer me up by clicking over to G READS BOOKS for fun insights about THE SOUND OF LETTING GO...and prizes!


No comments: