Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's YALSA'S TEEN TECH WEEK


This year's theme is "DIY @ YOUR LIBRARY" -- don't you love it?

I am not great with technology. My cellphone and I are barely on speaking terms. Which can be weird. I cannot download media content when sent in an IM. And I really miss Widgetbox because, though the quality was crappy, it was so easy to use!

Needless to say, I’ve always had a bit of fear around Teen Tech Week. It’s cool and I want to celebrate. However, I’m not exactly a robot-building kind of girl. So, what’s a luddite to do?

I’ve decided to build a virtual (as in—only in my mind) Time Machine and travel to the worlds of some of my favorite books for DIY of a less technological or present-day time.

LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS…make butter or maple sugar candy
GOING VINTAGE…embellish a vintage dress to create a cool wearable
THE HUNGER GAMES…relearn archery (I did this in high school and it was awesome)

Into what novel would you (virtually) travel? What would you DIY?

Click here for great ideas to celebrate Teen Tech Week on your own turf:

No comments: