"Yes, you can read this now."
This morning, I woke up early, made breakfast for the kids, packed lunches, loaded the dishwasher and...went back to bed for an hour.
It was a delightful treat and a necessary break from thinking about the fact that I have again let pages fly out into the universe which I find awfully stressful. I am not alone. Scrolling through the social media portals of writers, you will find...
- laments over weight gained while revising
- opuses on the struggle to stay physically active while committing to daily word counts
- worries about giving up paying jobs to take a risk on one's own fiction
- panic Tweets about being out on sub
- and general musings on the tension between writer-life and, well, life.
Being a writer takes courage, people.
In sum, I'm just saying I think I earned my nap. And it was faaaantastic.