1. The absolute charm and energy of Francesco Sedita, and the uncanny perspective and incisive intelligence of Julie Strauss-Gabel at the Friday writers' intensive.
2. Libba Bray's awesome keynote. Woke up this morning and promised myself to be a giraffe unafraid to jump off a cliff and then try to grow wings (that's a picture, huh?). Want to know what I'm talking about? Check out the SCBWI Team Blog.
3. Alvina Ling's eloquent and thoughtful presentation on the literary novel. And Tina Wexler's heartfelt enthusiasm and hope for writers and books in these chaotic days of publishing.
4. The astonishing number of Washington writers represented in NYC this past weekend! I was repeatedly amazed by the folks from the Western Washington chapter of SCBWI and feel extraordinarily grateful for all that they do for children's book writers in our rainy, coffee-addicted corner of the world. Seriously. Joni, Laurie and Kim (and Jolie and Jaime, and all the rest of you adcom superheros)--you are amazing!
5. Wonderful conversations with friends old and new. Thanks, Dawn, Jennifer, Nancy, Kathleen, Leah, Jim, Michelle, Angelina, Susan, Barb...
I return to my computer overwhelmed, frightened, challenged and excited but most of all more determined than ever to write my best and tell my own stories.