Friday, July 30, 2010

Fiction Friday: POEMS & GOOD NEWS & A THEME FOR AUGUST

As previously mentioned, I'm doing a lot of writing, not reading, this week.  That said, one of my sons picked up a beautiful book that might interest you poetry fans: Garrison Keillor's elegant collection of GOOD POEMS.

And a quick thanks to Kathy Chung, the amazing new coordinator of the Surrey International Writing Conference for sharing my good news about AUDITION with the SIWC community. SIWC is a great conference, this year being held October 22-24, near Vancouver, BC. Unlike SCBWI, it's not just for children's writers but they've got tons of great agents and editors, an amazing writing community, and some terrific classes on craft. I still use the notes I took during Hallie Ephron's 2008 lecture on plotting. And she'll be back at the conference this fall. Check it out!

I can't believe we're here on the verge of August, my first "theme month" for the blog.  Look out for all kinds of thoughts about WRITING IN TANDEM.

2 comments:

Tahereh said...

yayyy!! great recommendation -- i don't often look into books of poetry, but it looks good! :D

have a fab weekend, love!

Stasia said...

Thanks for stopping by. Hope your weekend is great, too, Tahereh! - Stasia