Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wordy Wednesday: SCBWI & COPYEDITS & WORK, OH MY!

Today I was planning to post some more thoughts about my trip to NYC, meeting my agent in person for the first time, touring Viking with my editor, and the SCBWI New York Conference but, well, sometimes life gets in the way. So...

For an amazing, complete wrap-up of the events of SCBWI NY 2011, hop on over to the SCBWI Team Blog.

To read some of my personal thoughts on the conference, stop by the YA MUSES where I guest posted on the topic yesterday. The post includes a picture of me with the great Ellen Hopkins.  Oh, heck, here it is again because can you really see a snap of yourself with Ellen too many times?

Wondering how life got in the way (besides a new freelance job and catching up for work and plugging away at my author site and other online projects)?

Yesterday, my editor sent the copyedits for AUDITION. It is exciting to see your work in this form.  I am so grateful for the gorgeous job done by the copyeditor--excellent points/questions and clearly the work of a wonderful writerly hand.  Still, I must admit that I am not the best at the Track Changes mode in Word and working in this format makes me feel a little bit like...


Okay, gonna stop complaining and get back to work.  Sorry for the whine.

4 comments:

Sylvie said...

This editor is with you! I really dislike working with Track Changes.

Glad to hear you are happy with your copyeditor. A good copyeditor is gold. Gold!

Natalie said...

I'm embarrassed to admit I've never actually read Ellen Hopkins. I own several of her books, and she's practically a YA legend, but I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet!

Good luck with editing!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I had the opportunity to meet Ellen Hopkins last summer at the SCBWI summer conference in LA. She's such a brilliant writer in LA. Wish I could've made it to New York this year! That's a great picture of you guys!

Stasia said...

Agreed, Sly. My copyeditor is fabulous and I am so grateful for her work.

And, thanks for stopping by Natalie and Carolina. As a verse novelist, I'm a huge E.H. fan, so it was thrilling to meet her in NY. And I'm excited to read her new YA, Perfect, soon!