three-months-to-pub date mark. What have I been doing...?
1. Getting to know my publicists in the US and Australia. (thanks, gals!)
2. Connecting with bloggers for my blog tour. (thanks, gals--and guys!)
3. Working with a couple of techno-genius writer friends on fun virtual promotion projects. (thanks, gals!)
4. Meeting with my awesome Teen Readers Advisory Group. (thanks, lots of gals!)
5. Emailing with a few of my kids' favorite teachers to connect with more teens who might be interested in joining my Teen Readers Advisory Group. (thanks, gals & guys!)
6. Meeting with the Children's & Teen's Librarian at my local library to plan a writing workshop I'll be teaching in August. (thanks, Pam!)
7. Working with a dozen other writers to plan a super-cool, soon-to-be-announced project. (thanks, gals & guys!)
8. Saying thank you. A lot.
The book community -- writers, bloggers & reviewers, librarians & educators, publishing professionals, and many, many wonderful teen & adult YA readers--is a place of such enthusiasm, generosity, and all-around book love that it sometimes literally brings tears to my eyes. I adore being part of this group and I hope that I make a contribution not just as a writer but as a reader.