Saturday, November 19, 2011

HAPPY TO BE WRITING AGAIN!

I've been home a little more than 24 hours, cooked two dinners (much appreciated by hubs and kids), wiped a lot of sticky surfaces, and posted a bunch of tour pictures over at Stages on Pages.

Here are just a few highlights of my own:

Stopping in to a B&N in Holyoke, Massachusetts where there just happened to be a group of teen mothers from the amazing Care Center gathering to read their own poetry. I was thrilled to be able to give them a copy of my Audition and to spend a bit of time enjoying their reading.

Getting to know the incredible, awesome, amazing, generous and smart authors of Stages on Pages.  I have learned so much from each and every one of them--and from the many other authors, bloggers and writers whose paths I crossed along the tour.

Being surprised by the dear Suzanne Morgan Williams in the audience at Books of Wonder.

I really should disappear for awhile now to fulfill some writing obligations.  But the truth is that I'm kind of addicted to blogging.  Also, I really want to share some of the things I've learned about organizing a grassroots book tour, bookstore appearances, school visits, and more.  So, before I forget, I'll be doing some posts on those topics.  Oh yeah, and I'll be mailing a lot of stuff I owe people.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Looks like you had such a fab time Stasia! Can't wait to hear what you learned along the way. :)