Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bookanistas: WHATCHA BEEN READING?

Some writers say they can't read while they're in the midst of a manuscript. I go back and forth on this. I try to avoid books that feel too closely related to my work, but ending the day curled up with a book instead of staring at a TV screen can help to keep me in the right frame of mind for writing.

So, though deep in the throes of my w-i-p, I have nonetheless done a surprising amount of reading these past few weeks.  Sadly, I haven't had time to review them all but I thought I'd share a short list of titles I've recently enjoyed (some are reviewed here on the site):

PLEASE IGNORE VERA DIETZ by A. S. King
SOLSTICE by P. J. Hoover
CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein
TARNISH by Katherine Longshore
THE RITHMATIST by Brandon Sanderson

When I hit "send" and my MS becomes (for awhile) my editor's problem, I'm looking forward to reading TELL THE WOLVES I'M HOME, as well as CROSSED by Allie Condie and PANDEMONIUM by Lauren Oliver--I think these two would make an interesting pairing.

What should I add to my tantalizing soon-to-read list?

No comments: