always available for feedback
- Rereading the novel (I try to do a first-pass read a few weeks before beginning the guide.)
- Scouring author website and related resources to learn about writer's POV and body of work.
- Reading acknowledged source literature (gleaned via author notes, quotes in text, etc.).
- Trying to figure out the origins of the names the author has given various characters (is this just my thing?).
- Analyzing the vast sea of definitions of steampunk culled from various literary reference sources.
- Correlating Common Core Standards with state education grade level objectives to determine the best form for questions directed at readers of this novel.
- Emailing the editor who hired me to ask any questions I might not have been able to answer through my research. (So far, on this book, one big question.)
- Writing first draft of guide.
Sound like anyone's fiction writing process?