Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fool's Day & National Poetry Month

Is it fitting that National Poetry Month begins on April Fools Day?


Here, courtesy of poets.org, are 30 Ways to Celebrate, including a poetry-themed filmography and other suprising and fun suggestions! And here's how some writers might answer my question...

My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it.
URSULA K. LE GUIN, Harper's magazine, Aug. 1990

The greatest fool may ask more than the wisest man can answer.
CHARLES CALEB COLTON, Laco

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
ALEXANDER POPE, An Essay on Criticism

And perhaps my favorite

A fool thinks himself to be wise, 
but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.   
– William Shakespeare

What do you think?





No comments: