Friday, September 17, 2010

FRIDAY FINISH LINE!

Revisions are done.  Well, put it this way, I THINK they're done but I am taking Saturday off and will reread the manuscript on Sunday morning to see if I still like it :)

Meanwhile, I think this is an appropriate moment to thank the Starbucks near the field where my eighth-grader practices football and where I have spend countless blissful hours writing and revising.

Honestly, my book is partly MADE of grande, decaf, three-pump, light whip mochas -- as are my thighs!

I've never been much of a coffee connoisseur and I'm not going to launch into some massive commentary about fast food and chain restaurants but I've gotta give credit where credit is due.  And, for someone who spends most days sitting at a desk in the same house where she sleeps, works, cooks, reads, and does the laundry, there's a lot to be said for a clean table by a three-pronged outlet and a cup of something hot I didn't brew myself.

3 comments:

Laura S. said...

Congrats! That's exciting to be finished. :) Setting it aside will definitely help. I know I always need some time away from my "finished" writing in order to see the things I may have missed.

Enjoy your day off, Stasia!

Sylvie said...

Congratulations!

And, if it makes you feel better, in both NYC and SF, I have tried all sorts of independent coffee places and, except for Blue Bottle (which is to die for), I actually prefer Starbucks lattes.

Dawn Simon said...

Congratulations, Stasia! Woo-hoo! I'm sending big hugs your way! (And thank goodness for Starbucks.)