Friday, April 1, 2011

Writing tips from the awesome Brent Hartinger!

Ever read the amazing GEOGRAPHY CLUB?  SHADOW WALKERS, DREAMQUEST, LAST CHANCE TEXACO...?  Okay, you get it, Brent's written a lot of great books.  And he's generously sharing writing tips and more today at A Year of Auditions.  Here's a teaser...

I get asked a lot for advice on how to be a great writer, and I agree with most of the boilerplate advice: read a lot, write a lot, revise a lot.

But here's something else to consider: get involved with the theater.

I hear the objections already: "I'm not an actor! I'm way too shy! I don't have time!"

But the fact is, there are all kinds of things you can do in the theater that will absolutely help your career as a novelist -- things you might not ever learn anywhere else.

For the rest, CLICK ON OVER!

1 comment:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Hmm. I had never thought of looking to the theater for advice on writing.