Monday, May 16, 2011

Marketing & Publicity Mayhem!

So, here's what I did this weekend:

1. Overhauled my author website, http://www.stasiawardkehoe.com/.  Why? The primary reason you may find strange: The site just didn't feel like me.  The colors matched my bookcover and my two blogs fed into it, which was cool.  But I kind of felt like I didn't own it style-wise and I couldn't manage the arrangement and update of the content in the Weebly site as easily as I wanted to.  So, I changed it up, added more embarassing cute pictures, and lots of warm colors--reds and pinks, which I love!

2. Started plans for a grassroots author tour and began reaching out to author friends.  Began developing a tour website (getting better at these!) and making plans for some cool (and special) opportunities for U.S. followers of Writer on the Side.  More to come soon.

3. Exchanged emails with my AUSTRALIAN EDITOR!  Yes, Audition sold to Penguin Australia/New Zealand so all you awesome folks down under will get to read it soon, too!

Oh, and plus I baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!

5 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

How cool! I was an exchange student in Adelaide, South Australia and got to experience the Royal Academy of Dance method there. I didn't have to do the tests at the end of the year but loved learning in a very structured, familiar environment.

J.L. Campbell said...

Sounds like you accomplished a lot on the weekend.

Alex said...

Omg tour! I hope you can come to Texas so I can meet you!

Stasia said...

So cool, Caroline. I have dear friends in Sydney but I've never been. Sighs!
Yes, J.L., I was crazy busy this weekend. I've kind of decided to just get on board the marketing train.
And thanks, Alex, I'll keep you posted--tour stops will probably be announced midsummer.

G Blechman said...

That's so exciting. Congrats. I can't wait until I am able to start doing those things.

<3 Gina Blechman