Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shameless Self-Promotion Day ;)

FIRST, congratulations to the winner of the FREE, LIVE, IN-PERSON AUTHOR VISIT from MOI!!!

BURLINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
I can't wait to visit Wisconsin for the very first time!

Next...
One of the big challenges of morphing from blogger-book-reviewer-aspiring-writer to blogger-published-writer is the issue of self-promotion. I mean, I started blogging because I love to read and write and I don't want that to change.  On the other hand, sometimes there's something going on in my writer-life that I want to share.  So, what to do?  Best answer I've got so far is self-promote sparingly and hope you don't offend.  So, with no further ado, two things...

It's little fuzzy, but here I am reading from AUDITION at the Poetry For All panel at TLA last month.  It was coordinated by the amazing and gracious Sylvia Vardell.  And, besides me, she's got clips from all the other poets!

http://poetryforchildren.blogspot.com/2012/05/tla-videos-stasia-kehoe.html

And, if you live in Northern California, pop on over to STAGES ON PAGES to see a list of venues I'll be visiting with the amazing Gretchen McNeil, Katherine Longshore, Elise Allen and Kim Culbertson.  Tell your friends!  (Here we are on fb if that's easier.)  And, if you can make it to one of these events, drop a comment below and become a SPECIAL GUEST.  You don't have to be published and since you're kind enough to swing by my blog I already know you're awesome!

No comments: