Monday, November 12, 2012

WISH I WERE IN VEGAS (National Council of Teachers of English Convention 2012)

So, uh, no I am not a gambler. I prefer to take my risks on the page. That said, I'd love to be heading to Las Vegas this week for the 2012 annual convention of the National Council of Teachers of English.

What would I do?

Get books signed by amazing authors, including...Rachel Cohn, Lisa McMann, Roland Smith, and Sherman Alexie.



Attend some sessions, especially...
 
REIMAGINING BUFFY, HARRY, AND KATNISS: TRANSMEDIA STORYTELLING AS A RESPONSE TO LITERATURE

JANE ADDAMS AND AUGUST WILSON TELLING THE CITY: HELPING OUR STUDENTS TELL THEIR STORIES
 
I AM NOT: USING POETRY TO EMPOWER STUDENTS TO DEFINE THEMSELVES
 
THE POWER OF LANGUAGE EXPERIENCE FOR FLUENCY DEVELOPMENT: CREATING POETRY, PROSE, AND PERFORMANCE AS A PRINCIPLED PRACTICE
 
And, of course, spend HOURS browsing the exhibit halls.

If you're anywhere near Vegas, YOU SHOULD GO. Here's the link for more info.

No comments: